Saturday, August 23, 2008

Star Gazing

Every night I love to look at the night sky. I prefer clear night skies so that I can see the stars and the moon. I don't mind whether the moon is full or not for I can appreciate it at any time and any place. I don't mind if the air is cloudy. The clouds add a different perspective to the awe that goes through my mind.

When I gaze at what now seem to be distant yet familiar friends, I get heart-broken, and I swear I almost get tears in my eyes, but somehow I never do. I love star-gazing. I want to see them closer, in greater detail. And it is sad to know that I will never reach them.

I don't know why I never thought of this before, but I really should get a telescope, a really good one. Once I get one I think I'd be out every night, like a child turning on the night-light so that he can see his favorite toy one last time, right before he goes to bed.

PS - I have several pages of journal entries from my South American vacation (Argentina, Chile, Bolivia). Not sure why I haven't logged these yet. I guess I have different priorities now. Blogging isn't so important anymore as it used to be. Maybe this means I'm healed? Nah. What am I thinking. I'm scarred for life.

No comments: