Thursday, May 12, 2005

bored silly

My mobile phone company is threatening to cancel my service and taint my credit by reporting me to the collections agency. All this just because I forgot to pay a measly $50 phone bill. Yeesh! I couldn't really care less. It's not like people call me anyway.

So I find myself entering a new log when Im bored. And from the looks of it I've been bored a lot. No worries. I can't afford to worry. If im fortunate enough I could join another medical team to Cambodia for a stretch of 3 months. So I am awaiting that opportunity. Moreover, I've signed a weekend course for self-contained underwater breathing apparatus (that's SCUBA for you lay-people out there). If it weren't for adventures I honestly don't know how else I could live.

For you don't always learn to appreciate God's creation when you're always walking on the "surface". Sometimes a different perspective is a good thing, a very good thing. Whether it be climbing a high mountain to its frigid and hostile summit, or it be belly-crawling a claustrophobic pitch dark watery cavern, or being dwarfed up-close-and-personal by a single sea creature larger than two school buses put together, or being dwarfed by a school of fish...and swimming through it --- those are the very moments when you feel the most alive, and therefore grateful that you are indeed alive. You can also be sensitized by simply walking outside and "away" from the artificialities of everyday life; that is, walking without the intent of going anywhere.

It is ever so clear to me why I enjoy such adventures. And it is ever so clear to me that I do not enjoy knowing God because I enjoy His creation. But rather it is that I enjoy His creation because I know God.

current struggles: jealousy and envy.

No comments: