Sunday, May 1, 2005

India or dinosaurs?

Sometimes, many times, I hope that I would get laid off, possibly even fired; so that I may finally remove myself from the constant and concentrated pulses of electromagnetic waves that pierce my body. This is what happens when you are surrounded by computers and big monitors all day long. A couple of things still linger such as paying rent and the phone bill (which I'm discovering is a big waste for I hardly ever use my phone).

Samson is an international missionary that is financially supported by the church that I attend. His recent visit brought attention to why we are here on this blue globe. I am surrounded (and bombarded) by people who are workaholics. The sad thing is that they don't know exactly why they work so hard. Simply working hard doesn't make it your passion, or does it? There will always be an opportunity to do long-term missionary work in India, possibly with Samson. Now I just have to commit and make that first bold step - break out of the lies that this world is telling me.

Then again, excavating chunks of land mass in search for dinosaur bones sure is a fascinating field. Isn't that Lucifer such a clever liar? He's so efficient at devising terribly subtle new ways to deceive. And he's so good at finding new ways to pull me away (usually just a recycled and repackaged bait).

I thought writing about this dilema would help. But now I must punish myself and go to sleep because I am now so much more confused.

No comments: