Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Distracted.

I've been distracted by a couple of off-tangent books that I found on the floor during kendo class. Instead of spending quality time with Steinbeck I've taken a slight detour with Lois Lowry and Kurt Vonnegut.

Slaughter-House-Five, a silly anti-war book, doesn't even come close. But it is barely passable for good reading. So I'm reading it although I've always ended up taking a nap during that magical moment. Gathering Blue on the other hand sounds much more interesting and I can't wait for it.

Tomorrow morning I'm on an early morning flight to Chicago from Houston, for training. Like all company-sponsored events it should be a social blast with plenty of alcohol. Unfortunately im not a big fan of alcohol. Trust me, I've learned my lesson(s) when I passed out on the beach and missed the entire morning program down in Florida.

Every night I've seen a Rocky movie in my hotel room. It's crazy - every freakin' night some version of Rocky is on the tube. What's even crazier is that I always end up watching it. But i love it.

At this point in life I have every thing to lose and nothing to gain. Nothing to show for and every thing to hide from. At this point, at this point in life, there are a few things that can change the world around for the better.

No comments: