Thursday, April 21, 2005

Hotel Rwanda

So I watched this movie. And needless to say it was a
moving picture.

It reminded me of a young man, I believe in his late
teens, I met while I was in Kenya.

(Nairobi, Kenya)
We were packed in a small Toyota pickup truck. There
must've been at least a dozen grown men in the
back...those were my thoughts as I held on tight for
my dear life.

Here is where I learned of a friend's recent history.
This young man lost his parents. At the time he was
living in Kenya - he was a refugee from Rwanda.

The next day he gave a brief testimony to a crowd
several-hundred strong. And he lead the way, solo,
with the song "My Jesus, My Savior, Lord there is not
like You.....".

Sometimes I ask myself, "Would I be as faithful as
this young man?" And would I be as faithful as Job
amidst the most difficult of trials?

http://adventurejournal.blogspot.com

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: