Thursday, July 28, 2005

the light does the darkness most fear

Some odd number of years ago I discovered my foolishness and a severe flaw. Ever since a child I've under-estimated the powers of darkness. At some point in my childhood I had convinced myself through the inner workings of my own pride that I was perfectly capable of resisting temptations and the devil himself. I had no fear. I had no anxieties. I had not a clue.

Lucifer, the morning star, enjoys it when we under-estimate. He relishes on our thinking of him as an allegorical personification. He is more than pleased when we regard him as mythology or his name as a planetary body. He loves it even more when we deny his existence altogether. Lucifer is not fun and games. He is not to be taken lightly and shrugged off as a non-threatening entity. He is alive today. He is as real as the air you breathe. He roams the earth like a starving lion, waiting to devour. He deceived a third of God's angels. He deceived God's earthly creatures, Adam and Even. And he had certainly deceived me.
But there is hope...

Keep your guard.
Do not play his games.
Do not accept his lies.
Do not fall for his illusions.
Resist him and he will flee.

...I will gather myself around my faith

For light does the darkness most fear.
- Jewel


No comments: