Sunday, July 24, 2005

opened.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself; is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13.

It is such a deep and beautiful morning. A clear morning sky and the showering warmth of healing sun both work together to encompass my terrace as I lie on my sun-bleached Jamaican hammock.


Being a slow learner, twenty seven years have passed for my understanding the evils, the grave sins, of pride, envy, and jealousy. My heart, as if it were a late blooming flower, finally senses the sun. It finally seems to feel the nourishment offered by rain and mildew. Waking from its slumber that is long overdue, my spiritual heart is opening slowly, and it wants to respond. I can see the value of the sins - it is a devastating one. For such things do not come from love. No, not at all. Not by any means.

Twenty seven years it takes me to realize and accept the fact that I am so full of these undesirable and deprecating sins.

No comments: