Monday, July 4, 2005

Sights on New Zealand.

My original targeted-destination is coming back in scope. I know nothing of the schedule, but I should, no, I must, begin "formal" training as if this trip were written in stone. Training is a must if I expect to perform feats of courage during "black water rafting", or when traversing through the inner entrails of a glacier, or doing something more common, like sea kayaking, snorkling with seals, or swimming with giant fish. These are all physical, attacking and challenging only the fleshly components of my body. But what about mind, character, and spirit, the components of the soul? Amazingly (miraculously) my Creator is already on it, and much of it without my being aware. Indispensable are the traits I speak of. But there is much to be done. Much work is needed, much more, much much more....

Here on the mountain I have spoken to you clearly; I will not often do so down in Narnia. Here on the mountain, the air is clear and your mind is clear; as you drop down into Narnia, the air will thicken. Take great care that it does not confuse your mind. And the signs which you have learned here will not look at all as you expect them to look, when you meet them there. That is why it is so important to know them by heart and pay no attention to appearances. Remember the signs and believe the signs. Nothing else matters.
- The Silver Chair, ch. 2.

For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is
profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that
now is, and of that which is to come.

- 1 Timothy 4:8

No comments: