Thursday, March 16, 2006

my experience at the beach

the boat was jam-packed with my fellow comrads, elbow to elbow, as we anxiously awaited for the inevitable when our boat would land and the door in front of us would open to the full onslaught. out of nowhere out boat capsized and i soon found myself under the sea as i watched my friends swim for the top. all sounds, though traveling faster, were eerily dampened by the cold water.

but then i broke the ocean surface gasping for air, and suddenly the true sounds of reality were again ringing in clear - all the zinging and clanging of bullets and mortar explosions unnaturally mixed in with the constant roaring of the ocean waves.

i crouched and hid my body behind a giant, metal jacks-like barracade. with the entire ocean behind me and the heavily fortified beach of Normandy before me, i couldn't move, i was too scared to storm the beach.

after about 30 seconds i gained my composure and reassured myself that this is only a video game...i can do this. i died many times before progressing beyond the beach of Normandy. and that was only the opening level of the game.

war is hell.

No comments: