Sunday, August 13, 2006

Waxing and being honest

Let's be honest. Some people, you can say, wax eloquently. But I prefer that we all just wax without the eloquence. It's less annoying and more effective. This seems to be true in the classroom, on the radio, behind the pulpit, face-to-face with a friend, face-to-face with a stranger.

I'm starting to settle down, not completely unlike water separating from oil after it's been shaken or stirred. What I mean is that "emerging" Christian churches along with its philosophies is not something I subscribe to. After internally struggling with this for some time I have come to said conclusion finally and only recently realized it. I think I made this decision by way of some bold and pure logic that preaches volumes on necessity and anti-waxing-with-eloquence.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you don't really understand what the "emerging" churches truly subscribe too. just a thought. the Christian life is never meant to be lived in a vacuum.

Anonymous said...

in other words, come back! (we miss you :).

http://www.emergentvillage.us/about-information/values-and-practices

Edward An said...

Yes, I think you've hit the bullseye, I dont understand by definition. Would this be a circular definition?

thanks for the link!

Agreed about the vacuum. I've always walked dangerously in the middle of everything. I have this bad habit of seeing things from both sides and end up supporting both sides. I'm quite the diplomat. I hate it.

Anonymous said...

hahah, but that's one of the reasons why we all love you :).
btw - come back soon!