Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mumbai, the most humid place on the planet

Upon first arrival into Mumbai's international airport, i was lost. Totally lost. The only thing i remembered was what Abhishek told me - act like your own the place. So that is why people didn't bother me, because they thought i owned the freakin' airport. By the time Abhishek arrived to pick me up I was so relieved. But I quickly became disappointed when I learned that we have to ride a tuk tuk to go back to his home. And just when I thought I couldn't be more disappointed, I learned that his room is very humid. We had to sleep with the ceiling fan turned on super maximum speed. I think somebody hacked it to spin into over-drive. Sleeping in that room was like sleeping under a helicopter flying through a hurricane.

Abhishek with his fiance in his living room.

Abhishek and his fiancé, practicing a dance for the engagement party.

Everybody @ the engagement party.

Family and relatives at engagement party.

Lots of lights and cameras and loud music.



I was told on several occasions that I must dance. Throughout the day I practiced a few moves that I saw in some Bollywood dances. I was disappointed when there was no dancing involved. Everybody just stood around. Not quite my idea of an Indian engagement party.

No comments: