Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Sapana Village Lodge - Day 1.

[ Transcribed from a journal entry written on a piece of napkin. ]

After an evening dinner with the team, with my consuming 2 gin & tonics (my new favorite drink for 2013), one should think a night's sleep would be welcoming. It did not for me.

This morning's porridge is nice and warm and pretty darn tasty. I'm sitting at a table over-looking a river valley in Chitwan. The Himalayas are starting to peek through in the distant horizon. But they are teasing me as they come and go, for the clouds will not fully reveal her majesty, not just yet. And it is quite okay with me, as I understand this thing they call the Himalayas has seen countless sunrises. My time will come.

This morning we're having a canoe ride. I hope I do not fall in. As a subsequent follow-up event, a jungle safari tour (on foot). I hope I do not get eaten alive by mosquitoes (as I am the ONLY member who is not taking daily malaria pills, or so it seems).

My most earthy room.

My the door light for my room.

Fresh picked flowers abound.

Background: A cloud-covered Himalayas.
Foreground: Jill, Anne, and Rose taking a dip in the warm river.


 A charming cottage lodge.

No comments: