Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sapana Village Lodge - Day 2

[ Transcribed from a journal entry written on a piece of napkin. ]

A very hoity toity Indian couple eating breakfast next to my table. I'm losing my appetite suddenly hearing this conversation. And I'm not sure why.

Tonight we have planned a Bollywood style skit for our tour guide. I'm not sure what level of success we will have with this level of spontaneity. Nevertheless it should be, uh, interesting.

Extracurricular activities on this trip seem easily forgettable - almost a top-off, if you know what I mean. Here is just one example: the canoe ride through the Chitwan river jungle lasted 30 minutes. But it's not the duration I'm complaining about. It was the overall joke-factor of the whole thing. The good thing is that is helps the local economy. And I guess that alone is good enough to say it is worth it. But you do get what you pay for.

Now I'm left pondering - regarding the Mt. Everest flight tour, to do or not to do?

The Sapana Village Lodge.


Mt. Everest (from a plane window). And no this was not my camera as I was not on this plane nor any plane to see Mt. Everest because a taxi driver was 1 hour late.


No comments: