Sunday, July 25, 2004

Kenya, Africa Photos

In the year of 2001, the year I graduated from college, I went off on a little mission trip lead by world missionary/evangelist Dale Cutlip from Globeworks.org.

The small team, originally listed as a medical crew which included two professional medical doctors, was stripped down to the bare minimal at the 11th hour of departure (due to scheduling I believe). So the so-called medical team was made up of a nurse, a medical student, a verterinarian, and me, the undergraduate computer science student.

This month-long mission to Kenya could fill up a good section of my blog....but I'll take it slow.
I only brought 5-6 disposable cameras with me (the biggest mistake ever!), so the pictures I took were poor in quality. And one film became corrupted - which had my best shots - so that'll forever be lost.

Fortunately my fellow teammates had brought very nice cameras and took a very many set of nice pictures. Unfortunately they haven't sent any to me. I vow to contact my fellow crewmen and make the requests for the most vivid, memorable, and unique photos money can buy.

Meantime, I'll scan my photos and post them every once in a while. I'll also post my journal that I had kept while I was there: everything from being sick for a week in Nanyuki after foolishly running early in the morning with a marathon runner in the freezing cold on the equator... to eating Zebra in Nairobi!

But more about Africa for another day...!!
I need to make one more log and it's shut-eye for me.

No comments: