Friday, August 19, 2005

a friday's ramblings

Earlier this week somebody proposed to me albeit in a nonchalant and joking manner. Even though i knew this and took it without a speckle of seriousness I was in a state of shock as i continued to mind my business and give my full attention to my computer monitor. In hindsight I should've opend my mouth and said "No" to him.

Today was a rather casual day in the office. My fellow co-workers (4) and I had quite the diverse and philosophical conversation - everything from the illusion of teleportation when copying matter at the atomic level (as opposed to true transferring of atoms from one physical location to another) along with the moral and ethical and spiritual ramifications of atomic-teleportation (hence atomic cloning) to the latest technologies in 2D/3D image projections into thin air (now on the market).

Went to Central Market for lunch, went home at 4:30 pm, and packed up and prepared for a a visit to Mom and Dad's. "Oh shoot!!". That is what I said out loud to myself when it dawned on me that a friend had invited me over to watch Battle Star Galactica (or was it Star Trek?). Too bad I don't watch either of them, let alone like them. So I unpack and catch a ride to the host's abode with my roommate (we car pooled, yay!).

In more interesting and applicable ramblings that's of any worth in mentioning, I've been reading about the emerging church (a neat book). Authentic and experiential worship by the mediums that are available through our five senses, this may or may not require some time. Enough of my ramblings....I need to at least attempt to watch the TV show.

No comments: