Wednesday, February 22, 2006

access granted mister.

i was issued an id badge that doubled as a means of accessing security gates. the first day of using the card i pulled out my notes that has my access code that i have to punch in after i scan my badge.

i thought i was all cool scanning my badge. i entered my access code and got a green light granting me access. i confidentally walk through and the alarm goes off. i ignored the alarm though cuz i was still playing it cool, trying not to panic. turns out that i did every correctly, except that i walked through the wrong side of the entrance. anybody who saw me instantly knew that i was a newbie. the receptionist lady quickly told me how to do it after that, right then and there.

next day, for some reason or another, the alarm goes off again. but nobody was around, not even the receptionist at the front desk. i continue to walk gingerly through the hallway, and sure enough the first person i see is the receptionist lady who happens to have no idea what just happened. she smiles and says, "good morning." i gave her a respectable smile and a nod.

the following day wasn't any better. i was walking fast cuz i was sorta running late. i stopped at the gate to scan my badge, but my legs went too far in due to my body's inertia. the alarm went off again. yet still i nonchalantly punched in my access code while the alarm was ringing which did absolutely nothing to remedy the noise and flashing red light. the same receptionist lady gives me this look of "huh, what are you doing, you clutz!?" the lady looks at me and after about 6 seconds she tells me, "it's time for coffee." she's kinda weird i think.

No comments: