Tuesday, February 28, 2006

should i abandon my blog, too?

a girl in middle school, still wearing her braces and sporting a cool pair of hip and happening reading glasses, proclaims that she wants to get a degree in computer science and teach english, just like me. how cute - how adorably cute.

a child in my kindergarten class cries her heart out when she learns that i'm leaving to go overseas for 10 days on Christmas vacation. i do a snappy good job to persuade her that i would return, and that she shouldn't cry. again, how cute - how adorably cute.

a group of my business students randomly decide to take me to a sauna joint where you're expected to take your clothes off in a locker room with other people, then take a shower, then sit in a sauna, then take a hot bath, and then a shower again....while being with other people of the same sex the whole time. so i'm in the sports utility vehicle with my adult businessmen and businesswomen, and we're on our way to the closest fancy sauna house. but the traffic is terrifically bad enough to convince everybody to turn around and forget about the sauna house. my anxiety level quickly calms down as the existence of God was miraculously confirmed.

the sun is showing, the air warming, and the feeling of slight depression i dont feel much anymore. i believe what is left in me now is the same thing that had been with me this whole damn winter. after all the magnified gloom has disappeared i understand now that it was just a feeling of disappointment. i was disappointed with myself for being such a bad person. i know i'm better than this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like your blog. why do you think you're such a bad person? wanna talk w/ me and stanley over dinner sometime? e-mail us! how's Friday?