Friday, December 15, 2006

An Avanade Christmas Gathering.

So I had my first major networking event with Avanade, the consulting firm that I now work for.
Lot's of cool, hip peeps, them Avanauts. I met my recruiters for the first time since going thru the recruiting process, which was nice. Met my career manager, Toshi, which was cool too. Met new folks, which was fun of course. It was awesome to finally put faces to a company that operates thru virtual offices.

The bar was endless and on the house. This of course meant that I had a Blueberry Margarita, a Rum & Coke, a Greyhound, and a Heinekin. I really needed this too because today especially was a stressful day, even though I worked from home. I met someone who seemed genuinely interested in martial arts, spirituality, and justice for the poor. I have a hunch she was just trying to stir some interest. Anyway, if it wasn't for this party I'd be with a highschool girl friend (not girlfriend) drinking cocktails at a very local club. Small world, because I learned not too long ago that she lives one block away. And she happens to work from home on Fridays, just like me.

No comments: