Friday, December 8, 2006

A Snapshot of My Life on December 8, 2006

This is the first I am writing about because it just so happens to be the first thing on my mind right now. No, I'm not a workaholic, at least not yet; but it has been on the forefront of me for a month now. It is my 1 month anniversary at Avanade. Just when I get comfortable being at wherever I'm located, whether it be at a remote client location or at home, I wake up the next day only to catch a plane, again. Invested with deep pockets on my career though, I'm heavily vested now. What a very wonderful thing for a guy who can't make up his stubborn little mind. This'll keep me grounded.

In general, my days of jeans and sneakers for work are over. A new era of leather-laced shoes, cotton-twilled fabric, and button-down dress shirts freshly pressed is the call of the day. Okay, maybe not that fancy all week, but I do like to mix it up with some business casual.

Not to go the same route as my last short-lived career, I am keeping occupied and distracted by a new and unfamiliar sport - Japanese fencing, aka Kendo. It's been 3-4 weeks as a beginner. It takes much more discipline than strength, reflex, or stamina. This is going to be good for me, I can tell. So when my sensei says I'm ready, I will invest in $500-$600 worth of armor - clothing and other equipment not included. Again, this level of involvment in Kendo will not see the light of day until my feet are graceful, my body brain-washed, and my mind distant and focused. Good thing I'm still clumsy like an ox, hungry like a hippo, and clueless like a squirrel - I can't afford Kendo.

No comments: