Saturday, July 28, 2007

America in distress

Who doesn't like freedom these days? I say everybody likes it, except for the American government. I used to despise the ACLU, but now I truly believe it exists for the benefit of America. Faster than i'd ever expected, the face of America is changing. In the name of national security and patriotism, freedoms are being lost all the time. Martial law is slowly taking over as well. All facets of the government which we look up to for support and assistance is now turning their backs on us. The worst thing about all this is that we as individuals are powerless.

It is important that people stand together. After all it is for the people that this government exists in the first place. When will that last straw break the camels back? When will the American people say enough is enough? We can learn a great deal from the recent French lower classmen and minority immigrants who caused a riotous uproar. We need that same energy, the energy that can lead to a revolt. And when that day comes I will happily do whatever I can to do my part. Maybe I won't lead a revolt, but then again, maybe I will...but in either case I will know that I am contributing for the betterment of the country. It is for country, for liberty, for freedom. And no government nor dictator president nor any servant of the law can stop us.

An upside down American flag is generally a sign of distress. More Americans are raising their U.S. flags upside on their own private lands to reflect this sad state of affairs and being threatened by authorities for it. Rage Against the Machine is a popular rap-metal band, explicitly critical of U.S. power and capitalist rule. Former Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachav voices concerns that the U.S. is creating an unstable and dangerous world. Recent headline reports reveal $20-30 billion dollars of military arms will be finding its way to Saudi Arabia, where it will again arm the enemies that righfully hate us. Rage Against the Machine is something I started to listen to again after having it in my collection for many years. I've resurrected their songs into my cerebral canals so that I may listen to their beautiful words, once again.

No comments: