Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Less Kendo, More Reading.

I'm finding less time being spent in Kendo attendance, but this is mostly due to the fact that Kendo is starting to become painful, painful on my feet, toes, my back, and arms, wrists, and soon to be my head. I do like the fact that I sweat like there's no tomorrow though.

I am going back to one of my favorite (is this the right spelling?) literature masters, John Steinbeck. I picked up my first Steinbeck, East of Eden, at a vacant rundown rooftop apartment in Seoul. The apartment was formerly used by a foreigner/expatriot, most likely American or Canadian. It was clear as pure crystal that this person has good taste in his/her selection of literature. So this book, literally as thick as one of those unecessarily ginormous dictionaries, caught my eye - East of Eden, I will never forget reading that great piece of fiction loosely based on the great author himself.

Now I have in my possession two more Steinbeck's. Cannery Row is one of them.

No comments: