Friday, July 13, 2007

Becoming the FBI or CIA I once dreamed of.

I would've never made it as an FBI or CIA officer. Now I know that I would've never made the cut, and I'll tell you why.

Today I shot and killed a squirrel because it was eating off of my mother's date tree. I shot it 5 times; the first piercing it's right ear which disabled its ability to climb the fence and escape its inevitable death. So it stood there behind any kind of cover it could find, while bleeding. I prayed about this before I took my shot, because it just felt wrong to shoot a creature because it's hungry. Honestly, if it were my choice, I would've let all the squirrels in the entire Milky Way Galaxy gorge on all the dates it could choke down.

It took 4 more shots to neutralize the defenseless and disgusting creature. You don't realize how disgusting squirrels are until you've seen it up close and personal. Of course it bleeding to death didn't help it in the cuteness factor. You see, I had to take as many shots needed to kill it. Moments before it finally entered its last sleep, it squirmed about, as if it were in pain or extreme discomfort. Killing it was the least I could do for it.

1 comment:

jempress said...

this post makes me sad