Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Garden State

Every license plate here says the Garden State. This place is definitely greener than where I'm from, and it feels sometimes like the Northwest. For the most part left turns do not exist here. Instead there are these things called "jug handles" which I kinda think is ingenious, yet at the same time totally ridiculous. Pizza's are noticeably bigger per slice and much thinner than what I'm used to. The bagels they serve here at my hotel are the size of baseball gloves, just about. Most locals I've met here are really friendly people. I know I've said that before but I'll continue to repeat myself as long as I continue to believe in it. The weather is pleasant, it rains frequently, and George W. Bush is generally hated. I really like the fact that there aren't a lot of supermarkets. I like it. Supermarket chains on every other corner is an eye-soar. At first there doesn't appear to be many places to eat, but soon enough little eateries seem to popup every where around you. I was told that a carnival-like place on a boardwalk next to the ocean exists within an hour from where I am. It's called Seaside something, or something like that. I've read about such magical places. I think I'll take a visit. The Garden State. What a magical place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww... dallas is a magical place too! somewhere...hidden...beneath the malls and concrete :). write about how much you miss all of us